Workout of the Day–December 29, 2015
Wall Balls (20/14)
Squat Snatch (145/95)
Just a couple of reminders as we wrap up 2015 and prepare to indoctrinate some new faces to the Catacombs way in 2016. I know many of you are scrambling this week with school out and juggling holiday schedules. You are out of your routine and so are we! Relax, take a couple of deep breaths, and get your workout in as you are best able. Just keep the following in mind…
- The snow is not going anywhere any time soon. Feel free to leave your workout shoes under the bench and wear snow boots to and from the gym. Please help us confine the slush and mud to the concrete area and keep it off the mats as much as possible. No one wants to do burpees on a muddy wet floor.
- Greet new faces. You guys are generally great at this, but don’t forget that this is an expectation…not a suggestion. You were once new too. Extra credit for learning something about them other than their name.
- Unless we are running short of time (i.e. last 5 minutes of class), please don’t break your bars down or put equipment away while others are still completing their workout. Grab a foam roller or a lacrosse ball and mobilize while encouraging them through the end of their workout. It’s just what we do.
- Wipe down all your equipment. It’s cold and flu season and we don’t want to be an incubator of germs. The gym wipes by the laundry sink are sufficient for wiping down bars, wall balls, etc. If you bleed on the equipment, grab the bleach wipes.
- As always, sign up for class and cancel if you aren’t going to make it. We have a lot of visitors this week and things are a bit more relaxed. Starting next week, we will be back to rigorously enforcing our 10 athlete class limit.
That’s all folks! Enjoy the remaining holidays and start giving some thought to what you want to accomplish in 2016. It’s right around the corner!